Supervisor of Softball Umpires
The Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC) invites applications for the position of Supervisor of Softball Umpires.
The ACCC is comprised of 18 National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) members. There are 16 institutions that currently sponsor softball. For more information on the ACCC, please visit our website at www.acccathletics.com.
The Position: The ACCC seeks an individual uniquely qualified to supervise softball umpires for all ACCC and non-conference contests. The specific job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Assign collegiate umpires, who are independent contractors and not agents, servants or employees of the ACCC, for each member institution’s softball contests. Umpires will be expected to follow all applicable NCAA, NJCAA and ACCC rules and regulations.
- The umpires will be qualified and competent to umpire all non-conference and conference games for each member institution.
- Assign all regular season contests with 2 person crews using the highest rated umpires available.
- Monitor crew chief and coaches reports; act upon unusual, negative and positive situations.
- Upon receiving regular season schedule, invoice member institutions for booking fee of home games.
- Conduct one or more pre-season meetings and clinics for umpires (and coaches) to review new rules and points of emphasis.
- Work with the Commissioner, with input from coaches, to assign umpires for ACCC Tournament.
- Put a priority on the following topics:
Evaluate contests by personal visits, evaluators, or other means deemed appropriate.
- One Supervisor will be responsible for the Conference.
- Provide and maintain a system for all ACCC softball coaches to complete an evaluation form for all umpires.
- Maintain on a regular basis an online web-based computer software program that will enable coaches and athletic directors to view umpire assignees, allow coach evaluations, etc.
- Maintain database of all umpires with contact information available to all coaches of the ACCC.
- Maintain a user database of all coaches and commissioner of the ACCC and control access to the website.
Application Procedure: Application materials shall include the following:
- Cover letter addressing current responsibilities and qualifications;
- Current resume;
- Names, titles, telephone numbers and email addresses of three references;
- Requested Supervisor’s stipend or booking fee;
-Requested pay for umpires to include doubleheader and single games, and postseason single games with 3 person crew. (Fees of $170.00/DH/per umpire will not be increased for the 2016 season)
Submittal of Application: Please submit the above information and material to:
Dean Myrick, Commissioner, at email@example.com or mail to Alabama Community College Conference, 135 South Union Street, Montgomery, AL 36104. If you have questions, please contact Dean Myrick at the email address above or at (334) 293-4546.
Review of applications will begin on June 10, 2015.